Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Reflections on Week 1

Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? (Access to a computer, cell phone, transportation? Family that can help or hassle? Friends that can help or hassle? Scheduling factors that can help or hassle?)

This year I'm not going to be able to keep my blog up to date all the time because I have limited access to a computer and the internet because I've been spending alot of time at my great uncle's house who doesn't really use technology at all.  I also might miss several days of school this year (occasionally consecutive) because I'm trying to make it to nationals for mixed martial arts which requires alot of training so I'm expecting to be missing alot of school.

Think of an awesome (or the best ever) learning experience (or an experience where you changed) What was it you learned? [call it X] Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or ?) How did you know what was happening? 

I'm not sure of THE BEST learning experience I've ever had but I do remember a teacher that I had in Jr. High his name is Mr. Peterson and I remember him being a great teacher because he could not only relate to his students but he also trusted them and had very few rules in his class.  You'd think having no rules in a class would be hectic however all the students respected him because of his lack of rules.  I think that was a great learning environment cause well ya know.


What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning? How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?


Well I don't think I'm concerned about anything IN the class but I am kinda concerned about the AP test later this year, I'm excited to learn practical information that I can use the rest of my life such as time management which we learned sophomore year.

No comments:

Post a Comment