Friday, September 28, 2012

Hamlet Questions

a) What do you know about Hamlet, the "Melancholy Dane"?
I know that the story is fairly dark and sad, and I also know that it has a sad ending but besides that nothing.

 b) What do you know about Shakespeare?
I know that if all my english teachers were 12 year old girls he'd be their Jonas Brothers in that they all admire him imensely.  He was apparently a genious for only having so few words to work with, I respect him in that he was able to write entire plays in iambic pentameter.

c) Why do so many students involuntarily frown when they hear the name "Shakespeare"?  
I think students frown when they hear Shakespeare because students never read him on their own time which means he's just another word for an assignment.  If students didn't think of him as a complex assignment and just another author with a message I think he'd be more likeable.

d) What can we do to make studying this play an amazing experience we'll never forget?
I have a pretty bad memory so I might just forget it no matter what we do but it'd be great if we could have a Hamlet parade that'd be awesome because parades are really fun and that would make Hamlet more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment